Nomination & Election Procedure for the ABANA Board
Elections are held every year in order to elect 5 ABANA Board members for a 3-year term. The Board of Directors is comprised of a total of 15 members. To run for election, you must be an ABANA member in good standing and provide the following by the deadline to be listed on the official ballot:
- A nomination form signed by a minimum of 10 ABANA members.
- Your candidate statement. (Approximately 200 words or less)
- A clear photograph of yourself.
- May 15: Deadline for Nominations to arrive at ABANA Headquarters.
- June 1: Candidate Names, Photos, and Statements published in The Anvil’s Ring.
- July 15: Online voting ends. Paper ballots must be postmarked on or before July 15 and received by August 1. ABANA is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected mail.
- September: Notification to elected Board members
- Fall: New Board members assume their duties at the Board’s Annual General Meeting. Place and time to be determined.
The ABANA Board at the Annual General Meeting in Johnstown, November 2022.